Formerly Nostalgia at the Stone House

Formerly Nostalgia at the Stone House http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.co.uk/

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Lovely Lace for Ladies

Sorting through some of my precious vintage textiles stored in a little set of drawers I keep in my workroom this week, I came across these c1930's lingerie samples.
I wrote about buying them back in 2007 on my old blog
They are small unused fabric samples that had been hidden away in a book. They are examples of fabrics suitable for making camisole tops and under garments of the time. 


So after my rediscovery, I have decided it is time to start using them in my festive fairy making...

Using this soft oyster crepe with lace edge and exquisite embroidered flowers as my starting point, I created Miss Glowing Embers. 
I combined the small fabric panel with a shimmering white satin brocade salvaged from a bridesmaid dress from my parent's wedding (November 1960). 
Lots more pretty elements pick up the soft oyster shade to complete this special OOAK fairy. 

She is available to buy in my on-line shop

No comments:

Post a Comment