Formerly Nostalgia at the Stone House

Formerly Nostalgia at the Stone House http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.co.uk/

Saturday 20 August 2016

Antique Fabric Sample Book

I have been wanting to create this for so long...And once I'd started, I realised how long it was going to take to finish! Its been several days work, but finally its done...
Using a beautiful Victorian photograph album as the base, I have been adding samples of my antique French Scheurer fabrics. 
About 7 years ago, I was lucky enough to be able to buy a large quantity of beautiful unused examples of the fabrics. Since then, I have always been a little wary of cutting into them to use in my crafts, but I thought by creating this mini archive, at least a small record of them with always exist.   
Each fabric has been glued onto card and then slid into the album. 
The fabrics date from 1884 to 1905 and are truly exquisite. 


The album with its decorated pages is pretty too! 





I shall be offering it for sale at The Vintage Brocante, but if it doesn't sell, I shall be happy to retain this for myself!